Valves & Fittings
Choosing the right valves and fittings is a critical step in any project. At Munro Supply, we offer a wide range of valves and fittings, including different configurations and construction materials. If you don’t see what you need, just give us a call. We know valves and fittings!
All valve types have pros and cons, depending on the application. The tips below provide basic information about various valve types, to help you select the appropriate valve for your next job.
Gate Valves - Designed to operate fully open or closed, these valves open slowly and are available in a wide variety of sizes and materials.
- Pros - Slow operation prevents fluid hammer; Very little pressure loss; Good seal under high pressure
- Cons - Seepage is normal under low pressure
Ball Valves - These simple, trouble free valves are designed to operate fully open or fully closed.
- Pros - Good for throttling clear water; Low pressure drops; Open and close quickly; Simple design and operation
- Cons - Opening too quickly can cause fluid hammer
Butterfly Valves - Generally used for handling large volumes, these valves are very compact.
- Pros - Can handle large volume; Can handle slurries; Compact design
- Cons - Should not be used for throttling; Traditional valves need additional hardware to mount
Globe valves - Used to throttle or limit flow, globe valves are ideal in applications whereflow needs to be adjusted regularly but does not need to be fully open.
- Pros - Easy to operate, instant access; Valve does not need to be reseated
- Cons - Flow is restricted due to baffle
The material and configuration of the pipe and hose fittings in your system will affect the ease of installing and servicing the system, longevity of the system, compatibility with chemical or particulate in the material moving through the system, and friction losses in the system.
We carry a wide variety of fittings, including:
- Mechanical grooved fittings
- HDPE couplings
- HDPE fittings
- Ball and socket fittings (Bauer fittings)
- Cam and groove
- Pin lug
- Garden hose fittings
- King nipples
- Fire hose fittings
- Hydraulic hose fittings
- Expansion joints
- many more!